The Circulatory System

Year 6,

We have learnt about the human circulatory system this week.circulatory system

heart

Can you share on the blog anything you have learnt so far about how the circulatory system works and why it is important?

Mrs Gamston and Mr Rigby

10 thoughts on “The Circulatory System

1. M.H

I learnt a lot. I never knew that the heart had any chambers in it. I liked all the heart stuff, it was fun, it was exciting at the same time.

2. CM

Before doing this topic I had no clue about the atrium and ventricle.Also nerves were shown when Mrs Gamston cut open the heart. How did you feel?Lets see how much you know about the circulatory system.

How many chambers are there in the heart?
    What are veins and what are artereys?
    Challenge question:
    What are the aortas?

3. NM

Hi
    I learnt that there are 2 different types of blood: oxgynated blood and deoxygenated blood . Both do different things the oxgynated blood take the oxygen to the different parts of the body and the deoxygenated blood is the blood that comes back for oxygen because they have just used it .
    NM

4. Kwe Kwe kwe

Hi y6,the circulatory system is vital as it pumpes oxygen around the body to help the body parts do daily tasks.

Kwe Kwe Kwe

5. IH

Learning about the heart was so interesting and fun. At first I thought the heart didn’t have a big big part in our body. Now I now that the heart does have a big big part of our body such as pumping deoxygenated blood and oxygenated blood around your body. I can also name parts of the heart such as: the right and left atrium and the right and left ventricle. The vein sends blood to and the artery sends blood away from the heart.

Thank you teachers for teaching us about the heart and doing things with a heart too.

6. YI

The Circulatory System is great.It may seem quite simple but in fact ,it is very complex.
    It all starts in the heart when the deoxygenated blood arrives from all the body parts.It enters the right atrium, passes through a valve then goes to a chamber called the right ventricle.It is then pumped through an artery,which is actually quite special, that is called pulmonery artery.This transports the deoxygenated blood to the Lungs to exchange it for oxygenated blood.This blood returns back to the heart and enters a chamber called left atrium.Then it goes down through a valve into the left ventricle.After that ,it gets pumped through a big artery called the Aorta.

Then the whole cycle that has just been explained starts again.

7. EK

Hi everybody i have done this about the circulatory system and i though that it was good enough to put onto our blog as the circulatory system homework/challenge. Here it is (i haven’t checked if its 150 words or around there yet)

The circulatory system is what pumps oxygenated blood around your body and into your vital organs and body parts. It all starts in the heart were the de-oxygenated blood gets pushed through you arteries and into your lung. From here on the lungs transfer the now oxygenated blood through a vein and back into the right side of your heart., The heart now will pump the oxygenated blood into different organs such as: The brain ; liver; kidney and lungs. Also it goes to your body parts to keep them alive and circulated. It does this billions of times a day without you even knowing.

Thank you for reading my homework, :)

8. SA

Before we learnt about the heart and the Circulatory System I had no interest in what your heart actually had as a job in the body, but now I am intreaged about how clever your body’s actually are knowing how much energy it has to be pumped to the part of the body then it comes back to the heart because it needs another pump to get to the lungs. I really enjoyed learning about the Circulatory System! :)

9. SA

Before we learnt about the heart and the Circulatory System I had no interest in what your heart actually had as a job in the body, but now I am intreged about how clever your body actually is at knowing how much energy it has to be pumped to the part of the body then it comes back to the heart because it needs another pump to get to the lungs. I really enjoyed learning about the Circulatory System!

10. AW

Before we learn about the heart I new nothing about the arteries or that the veins carried blood into the
    heart. I didn’t even now that hearts were muscles. I didn’t even have a clue that the heart had chambers in it.
    It was an amazing topic to learn about because it was very fun and you learnt a lot. The best bit about it was when Mrs Gamston cut open the heart and we got to stick our fingers in but we had to wear gloves.